Monday, March 23, 2015

Green Gold - Mandala

Today, I'm having a nice cup of Green Gold from Mandala Tea!
 
Greens and oolongs are my favorite two types of tea, which is unusual considering my history with tea. I could probably dedicate a whole post to my background with tea and why I started drinking tea! Anyway, I was excited to receive multiple green teas from Mandala in a recent order and wanted to share this one with you.
 
Green Gold is magical to me - the curled dry leaf transforming in my glass teapot is extraordinary to watch. The smell of the dry leaf reminds me of Clouds and Mist tea, which can be found in many variants. The tea brews into a pale yellow-green (or green gold!) which has a mild vegetal smell to it.
 
The taste is a smooth, buttery, vegetal ride through the world of green tea. There is so much complexity through the sweet notes of the tea and the underlying vegetal taste, culminating with a palate-refreshing buttery finish. This is definitely a tea for morning, afternoon, and evening!
 














Steeping Instructions:
1 Tablespoon, 16 ounces, 175 degrees, 1 minute

Until the next cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment